Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Have Your Cake (and eat it, too!)

For a beloved friends' birthday, I was at an impasse to think of a truly inspiring way to celebrate long distance.  We couldn't get together until the following month, so I was left with one resort-- old-fashioned snail-mail!  As entirely archaic as it sounded, I excitedly dusted off my Cricut to attempt at producing something half as special as the recipient of this project.  Less than an hour later, this was the result.  (You will have to click the link to see it, as blogger's upload for pictures is currently down...great timing, right?)


The Cricut made it fun and efficient, producing many individual layers in which to piece and place variously on top of the last.  Although this aspect plays with the mind a bit, the effort, especially in using only minimal scraps of paper, is well worth it.  The card, which I have varied and replicated for every birthday since, was a huge success and made me feel like a true crafter!

As always,
Love & Cupcakes
♥♥♥ xoxo Flowerbomber xoxo ♥♥♥

0 comments:

Post a Comment