Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Royal Un-Birthday Party: DIY

Following the lovable Lewis Carol's Alice in Wonderland, what could make a better birthday party than an un-birthday-tea-party?  It's every fashionista's dream land because, though nothing makes sense, everything mysteriously unfolds into the most elegant patchwork of mismatched cups and saucers, fabulous teas, and sweet atire.

In preparation for this party, I could do nothing more as a hostess than personalize, customize, and decorate to the best of my limited abilities and budget.  Where can one such economically-hit girl go to satisfy her party?  Only the depths of one's garage and stack of cardboard boxes within for Cloud Divine's first DIY post!

The Royal Flowerbox


Scissors, a pencil, a yardstick, a box, heavy paper

Measure your box, and trace accordingly

Now cut...


It should look like this when you're done with step 3


Glue from the middle outwards


Keep Gluing...

And you're done to use as you please!


So, all are wondering, how am I using this?


Even though it has been weeks since my birthday (atleast it's still the same month!), I desired a party more than a Chanel Purse (but not more than the matching Tiffany necklace and bracelet I received).  After much deliberation, I chose to traverse downtown to a quaint little paint-your-own-plate boutique.  I decorated napkins, personalized the drinks, and found an urban English tea!

The box made a fabulous drink carrier!

The painting supplies, with the bright sun making its mark on my photo...


"Tea is drunk to forget the din of the world"


GO ENGLAND!



I wish more could've celebrated with me, but I discovered my own little party in my fabulous mother and my devoted sister who helped me celebrate to the max!



Until next time,
Love & Cupcakes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment